Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jeopardy Clue of the Day for August 8th

Jeopardy Logo/Clue of the Day

Today’s Jeopardy Clue of the Day:

The $800 clue from the Double Jeopardy round category FILM FISTICUFFS

“YIPPEE-KI-YAY! EX-HOSTAGE BONNIE BEDELIA SMACKS A SMARMY TV REPORTER IN THIS 1988 ACTION FILM”

Answer:

“WHAT IS DIE HARD?”

Alex barely got out “Yippee-Ki” when I was already answering “MOTHERFUCKER! Die Hard, it’s Die Hard”. But then after he read the whole of the question and the camera cut back to the contestants standing there like stumps, all three of them, blank expressions on their faces, and none of them buzzing in…I yelled so damn loud at the screen that it startled the dog. “DIE HARD! DIE. HARD. IT’S DIE HARD DAMMIT!!” But they couldn’t hear me (it was a rerun). Never have I been so disgusted with a Jeopardy contestant as I was with these three. You’re on Jeopardy for Pete’s sake! Have a little class…answer the Die Hard clue. Worthless, the lot of them. Simply worthless. /rant

On a brighter note, I was impressed with the entirety of the SAMURAI WARRIOR category. Both concept and execution were top notch.

- Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment