Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jeopardy Clue of the Day for August 24th

Jeopardy Logo/Clue of the Day

Today’s Jeopardy (Tournament of Champions) Clue of the Day:

The $1600 clue from the Double Jeopardy round category THE JOURNEY OF LIFE

“ELLIOT JAQUES COINED THIS TERM FOR WHEN ADULTS REALIZE THEIR TIME WILL RUN OUT (SO BETTER BUY A SPORTS CAR)”

Answer:

“WHAT IS MID-LIFE CRISIS?”

Okay, so I’ve got several issues with this particular clue. First, what if in their 20’s an adult realizes their time will run out, but then they live into their 80’s? It would be a quarter-life crisis, but you’re walking around like a jackass calling it “mid-life”. And that’s the other thing…nobody knows when their gonna die, so how can anyone coin such a time dependant/referential phrase? I know that most people regard mid-life as in a person’s 40’s, but between you and me, I honestly don’t see myself living past my 60’s. Which would mean that since I’m 31, I’m in the midst of my mid-life crisis. Too bad I can’t afford a damn sports car. Guess I’m fucked…wait, what are my other options? Bang a 20 year-old? Same problem as with the sports car, can’t afford one. I also can’t stand ‘em, but that’s neither here nor there. Oh well.

- Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment