Monday, August 10, 2009

Jeopardy Clue of the Day for August 10th

Jeopardy Logo/Clue of the Day

Today’s Jeopardy (College Championship) Clue of the Day:

For the first time, our Clue of the Day comes from our Final Jeopardy round. The category is THE 50 STATES

“AN 1881 RESOLUTION ESTABLISHED THAT THIS STATE’S NAME WAS TO BE SPELLED ONE WAY BUT PRONOUNCED ANOTHER”

Answer:

“WHAT IS ARKANSAS?”

Now, just what kind of a backwards ass hick state do you have to be that you not only make up a pronunciation of a word, but go so far as to make your pretend name official by way of a state act. I mean sure, I pronounce my home state’s name California as “Qxuedronofliru” but you don’t see me lobbying my state legislature to pass a law forcing everyone else to do the same.

- Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment