Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jeopardy Clue of the Day for August 15th

Jeopardy Logo/Clue of the Day

Today’s show was jam packed with worthy candidates. That’s part of the reason I didn’t get this post up any earlier. I hate that I had to narrow it down to just one, but I think this clue is truly deserving to the honor.

Today’s Jeopardy Clue of the Day:

The $1200 clue from the Double Jeopardy round category SIX FEET UNDER

“NEW ENGLANDER WHOSE EPITAPH, “I HAD A LOVER’S QUARREL WITH THE WORLD”, IS FROM HIS POEM “THE LESSON FOR TODAY””

Answer:

“WHO IS ROBERT FROST?”

Wow. They had a category in the first round that was all about quotes, the answers being the names of the persons who said them. I gotta say though, this quote - “I had a lover’s quarrel with the world”, blows all of those away. But not only is it a wonderful line, but it is one I can really relate to. Nothing witty, comical, or insightful to say here, just that I can relate to those particular words.

Oh and what the hell, since I didn’t really give you much with that last one…

Bonus Jeopardy Clue of the Day:

The $800 clue from the Double Jeopardy round category “BIG” LOVE

“ROOSEVELTIAN PARTNER OF “SPEAK SOFTLY””

Answer:

“WHAT IS BIG STICK?”

I got yer big stick right ‘ere!

Sorry, I had to. I couldn’t help myself.

- Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment