Sunday, July 12, 2009

My name is Lenny, and these are my thoughts

This being my very first entry (okay, so it's technically my second post, but the first one was a test more than anything else) on A Penny for Lenny I feel the need to get a little exposition out of the way...

If you haven't already figured it out, the title A Penny for Lenny is in reference to the saying "a penny for your thoughts". Well...my name is Lenny, and these are my thoughts.

That being said, I'm not in love with the title, and may very well end up changing it. So for now, consider it more of a place holder than anything else. I thought it might be fun to share the url's/blog titles I was considering prior to coining A Penny for Lenny, which will henceforth be referred to as APFL...

The following list is in reverse chronological order (meaning I just kept hitting the "back" button on my browser):
apennyforlenny [Was Available/Now Taken] -
I'm utterly shocked that this one wasn't taken!
givemeapenny [Available] -
I would have never actually used this one, but if it had been taken, using gimmeapenny would have been a bitch move.
gimmeapenny [Available] -
Give who a penny? Me? Me as in Lenny? You want to give Lenny a penny? An actual penny for Lenny?
pennyforyourthoughts [Taken] (going by the title "
oh what the hell...") last post was on 4/26/04- I didn't really want this one, but after pennyformythoughts was taken, I was curious.
pennyformythoughts [Taken] this blog is blank -
This was the next logical step after mytwocents.
mytwocents [Taken] last post was on 3/4/01 -
This title is cute, but a little ho-hum.
lennyslair [Taken] last post was on 9/30/06 -
I was still desperately trying for some alliteration here, but no dice.
mindoflencia [Available] -
I might have actually used this one if I thought more of the guy.
lennyslunchbox [Available] -
Continuing my quest for alliteration, I still kinda like this one, but felt is was too reminiscent of the currently infamous Serious Lunch blog, which was behind the genius Conan O'Brien/Super Mario Bros. mashup.
lifeoflenny [Taken] this blog is blank -
Alliterative? Yes. Catchy? Not so much.
lennyslaws [Available] -
For some reason I came back to this one a second time. It still sounds good, but I just can't get past the douchyness of "laws", like my opinion is the end all and be all. Pssh, whatever.
moviemanifesto [Taken] last post was on 4/3/09 -
This is probably the best title of the bunch, even though as I was typing "manifesto" I kept thinking unabomber.
iheartboobies [Taken] (going by the title "
well...see...thats the thing...") this blog is blank - As it turns out, I do, in fact, heart boobies, and would have loved to have this one, but alas, twas not meant to be.
godspunchline [Taken] last post was on 8/31/06 -
This title holds a special bit of nostalgia for me, as I used to own and write under the domain name WWW.GODSPUNCHLINE.COM. Fun fact: my old website is now a destination for erectile dysfunction medication purchases.
neverataloss [Taken] (going by the title "
down in front!") this blog is blank - I'm generally quick with a quip, i.e. never at a loss, you know...for words. This would have been a natural fit.
whatnow [Taken] last post was on 8/13/05 -
What now after not getting nowwhat?
nowwhat [Taken] last post was on 11/14/00 -
I was momentarily stumped for a title, and after nobodycareswhatyouthink I thought now what?
nobodycareswhatyouthink [Taken] (going by the title "
shut the fuck up") last post was on 11/17/04 - After nobodycares was taken I thought I'd get a little more specific, but someone already beat me to it. Of the few entries that I actually had the pleasure of reading from this long list of blogs, this one is by far my favorite. The guy is just articulate, almost poetic, in a way seldom seem in today's modern thinkers. A definite must read.
nobodycares [Taken] (going by the title "
imaginewhatitistobeme") this blog is blank - I figured since nobody really cares what I think, why not be open about it.
laughingstock [Taken] last post was on 5/20/09 - I honestly don't even like this one, and I know would have never used it. As to why I bothered looking it, I couldn't tell you.
deepthoughts [Taken] (going by the title "
musings of a part-time lunatic") last post was on 10/2/08 - Jack Handey's gonna be pisssssed!
lennyslaws [Available] - The first stop in my illustrious search for some alliteration.
afunnythinghappened [Taken] last post was on 6/30/04 - Due to my highly inflated opinion of my own sense of humor, I thought this title to be apropos.
heresthething [Taken] last post was on 6/14/04 - I, along with others, have observed that often times while arguing my point (i.e. telling someone else they're full of shit), I tend to lead off with these three simple yet highly effective words. Actually it's usually more along the lines of "but here's the thing," or "so here's the thing," or "well here's the thing". It can generally be taken as "golly, what a cute little opinion you have there, but now here's how it really is." What can I say, I'm a dick.
leonard [Taken] (going by the title "
my links") last post was on 3/21/01 - I don't know what I would have called the blog itself, but after lenny was taken, it would have been kind of cool to have this one.
lenny [Taken] (going my the title "
just a girl.") last post was on 3/30/01 - I wanted this one so bad. So bad. It would have been so awesome that the mere thought of the awesomeness was palpable. Don't know what I would have titled the blog itself though. And yeah, this particular Lenny is apparently a girl. Go figure.


So, there you have it, and welcome to APFL.

- Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment